To make that perfect Pineapple Flan, you've got to note that a flan is made with pineapple or any other fruit, rather than with milk or cream. This is a recipe which will satisfy pineapple fans to the fullest. Now here's what you will need to make that scrumptious Pineapple Flan and the steps taken in making it turn out perfect and delicious.
- 1cup sugar
- 3 large eggs plus 3 large egg yolks
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1cup heavy cream
- 3/4cup pineapple juice
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt Instructions
- To Make Pastry Cream: In a medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup of milk with flour, then stir in the egg yolks. Mix well.
- Heat sugar and remaining 1 cup of milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir into egg yolk mixture. Return mixture to saucepan and heat until boiling. Turn down heat to low and keep cooking until mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- To Make Glaze: In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice with jam until thickened.
- Pour cooled pastry cream into pie shell. Cut pineapple slices into quarters and arrange them decoratively on top of pastry cream. Brush pie with glaze.